Hexion is a leading global supplier of epoxy resins, modifiers and curing agents, Versatic™ acids and derivatives, powder coating resins and a range of redispersible powders, acrylic dispersions and additives to the coatings industry. We provide business solutions – products and support optimized to the requirements of individual coating manufacturers and end use applications.
Worldwide Leader in Epoxies: Hexion is the leading epoxy resin supplier for end-use applications requiring superior overall performance such as resistance to chemicals and corrosion. We provide a diverse line of epoxy resins, curing agents and systems with global availability.
Hexion’s broad range of epoxy systems includes high solids, waterborne and solvent-borne products. Our family of EPON™ resins, HELOXY™ modifiers and EPIKURE™ curing agents has balanced top-line performance with superior processability for more than sixty years. Our EPI-REZ™ waterborne resin systems can be used for epoxy applications such as flooring or anti-corrosive primers to significantly reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC) without sacrificing performance. Hexion continues to develop waterborne systems that reduce the cost/performance gap with solventborne technology.
Versatic Acids and Derivatives Expertise: Hexion is one of the leading global suppliers of Versatic™ Acids and derivatives to the paints and coatings market. VeoVa™ and Cardura™ monomers, two of our Versatic Acid derivatives, are excellent building blocks for developing high solids and water-based resins, and facilitate the trend towards more environmentally preferred paints and coatings. Due to their unique chemical structure, Versatic™ acid derivatives are also the first choice co-monomers to improve performance in a wide range of applications, including:
• Decorative paints for interior and exterior applications on a variety of substrates.
• High performance coatings for automotive, industrial maintenance, marine, civil engineering, plastic, concrete and wood.
Powder Coating Products:
Hexion polyester powder resins are key ingredients for powder coatings used in architecture, transportation, furniture, appliances and general industrial applications around the world. We provide outdoor and indoor durable resin systems for high and low gloss applications with outstanding quality, consistency and special effects capabilities. Hexion’s Albester™ and Albecor™ powder resins offer:
• Improved carbon footprint and energy efficiency by utilizing technologies such as lower energy curing.
• Excellent cure response and good mechanical, chemical, and corrosion resistance properties for indoor applications.
• Both high gloss and low gloss dry-blend options with good weathering resistance, superior durability, excellent performance and consistency for outdoor applications.
• Specific products designed for special effect solutions like dye sublimation effect and texture finishes.
About the Company
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is a global leader in thermoset resins. Hexion Inc. serves the global wood and industrial markets through a broad range of thermoset technologies, specialty products and technical support for customers in a diverse range of applications and industries. Hexion Inc. is controlled by investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC. Additional information about Hexion Inc. and its products is available at www.hexion.com.
Investors and Media: